There are many different case studies, as well as ways to write them and then use them.
If we talk in general terms, there are 4 types of such works. But the algorithm for writing them will always be about the same.Types of case studies
The first thing to pay attention to before writing a case study is its type.
There are four main types:
- Illustrative. It simply describes certain events;
- Research. This is no longer just a description, but a detailed analysis of various events and circumstances related to the topic of research;
- Cumulative. In the case of this study, it is necessary to compare collective information;
- Critical. A specific subject and its cause-and-effect relationships and outcomes are investigated.
But performing this task can be simplified. It's nice when someone can write my case study for me
. It's as simple and fast as possible.
In case you decide to perform the task yourself, it is worth listening to a few useful tips.Stages of writing a case study
The process of writing a case study can be divided into several successive stages. Each of them has its own peculiarities.
- Choose a type and style. First you need to decide what type of case study you want. The writing style depends on this. Focus on the target audience. Those about whom and for whom the work will be written;
- Determine the topic. If it is a school or university assignment, the topic can be given by the teacher. If you can or should choose the topic yourself, then think about what you can write about. It is better to choose a topic that will be interesting to you personally. This way it will be easier to find information and get to the heart of the main problem;
- Read similar case studies. Or written on a topic similar to yours. It is important not to repeat what has already been written before. And you can be prosecuted for outright plagiarism, too;
- Select participants for interviews. A good case study must involve talking to people, interviewing people, and being interviewed. They should be people who understand the topic of your work. This way you will get a lot of useful and valuable information from them;
- Compose your questions and choose the format of your interviews. You can ask them in forums, in chat rooms, on the phone, or via e-mail. But the best option is face-to-face meetings or group interviews;
- Talk to subject matter experts. Depending on the topic of your work, you can find different people who specialize in these issues. There is no point in analyzing a topic based on the opinion of random passers-by. There will be no value in such research;
- Conduct scheduled interviews. A case study will be most interesting if people have different opinions on the same issue. This will give ground for even more in-depth study of the issue;
- Gather and analyze all the information. This is not only the opinion of people and experts, but also different articles, found documents, archival records, and so on. By combining all these sources of information together, you will be able to group them together and write your own paper.
Based on all of this data, you can begin to put your thoughts on paper. This is how a case study is formed.
Be prepared to have to make edits and edit some material as you write.